If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza

I love food. It's a curse. I blame my family. I manage to suffer through it. Just as I did at this Build-Your-Own Pizza night we had at my Mom's house:

I suffered through every bite, I tell you. Please, don't pity me. I do what I must.

So, moving on... I love food, like I said, and pizza is definitely not an exception. My favorite is BBQ Chicken Pizza. You can find it at restaurants like Pizza Shoppe or Old Shawnee Pizza (if you live in the KC area). But basically everything is cheaper when made at home. So, that's what we did and it was the best decision we've ever made in our lives, EVER.

Ladies and Gentle-dudes, I give you... BBQ Chicken Pizza


BBQ Chicken Pizza




Servings: 8 (slices)
Calories per serving: Seriously, who cares? (OK, it's 270 - damn you, myfitnesspal!)

Ingredients*:
1 package Jiffy pizza crust
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
5-6 strips of bacon
1/8 cup sliced jalapenos (fresh or jarred)
1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes or strips
1/2 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
1/4 cup red onion, chopped or sliced (optional - I opt for no onion on my pizza!)

Instructions:

1) In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy, then remove from skillet, crumble into pieces and set aside.

2) In the same skillet (no need to clean it out), add 1/2 Tbsp of oil and cook chicken on med-high heat until golden and cooked through

3) Pre-heat oven and prepare crust according to package instructions.

4) When crust is ready, spread BBQ sauce evenly over crust, except for the outer edge, if you so desire.

5) Sprinkle all of the toppings, chicken, bacon, pineapple, jalapeno, and onion (optional) evenly over BBQ sauce.

6) Sprinkle cheeses evenly over toppings.

7) Place pizza on center oven rack and cook according to crust package instructions, or until cheese melts and starts to brown in the center.

8) Don't let it cool because we all know that pizza is best when it's piping hot! (But please use your own judgement with this instruction:)

Mangia!

*I wrote this recipe based on what I use, so feel free to change it up! The amount and type of ingredients - sauce, cheese, toppings, etc - are really all based on preference and you can change it however you prefer. Just be aware, if you care, that the calories will change, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

***If you want to comment and you don't already have an account or don't want to register for one, just comment under "Anonymous" OR "Name/URL." For Name/URL, you can just put your name and leave the URL part blank if you want! Thanks!***